Facility Rules & Photography
- Please consult planetarium schedule prior to admission purchase.
- No running.
- Parents/Guardian must accompany children at all times.
- Commercial photography by appointment only (Mondays).
- Do not harass live animals.
- No food or drinks allowed beyond the main lobby.
- Do not climb, stand, or lean on pedestals.
- Use inside voices at all times.
- Do not jump on or off of steps.
- Do not sit, lean or stand on the fountain in the front lobby.
- Play at your own risk.
- Your photo may be taken for City of Rocky Mount promotional purposes.
- Admission stickers must be worn while in the children’s museum.
The grounds of the Imperial Centre are open to photographers to utilize for portrait and family sessions in addition to artists exploring our historic campus. Many enjoy our campus for infant photos, bridal portraits, family sessions, model portraits, and more. In order to not interfere with the general public we serve, we ask that you be advised of the following:
- No flash photography in the Art Gallery.
- No photography of any art.
- Interior commercial photography on Mondays or by appointment.
- Exterior photos allowed during operating hours or until dark.
- Photography sessions may not block walking paths, doorways, or stairs.
- The facility may not be available during Special Events and Rentals.
- Please follow all facility rules.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a time to take photos, please call 252-972-1266.