Plan Your Visit
About the Imperial Centre
The Imperial Centre for the Arts & Sciences, located in downtown Rocky Mount, is one of the premier cultural facilities on the eastern seaboard. Occupying the combined former sites of the Imperial Tobacco company and old Braswell Memorial Library in downtown Rocky Mount, the complex houses an Arts Center, Children’s Museum & Science Center, and community performing arts theatre. The 135,000 square foot facility involved the historic restoration and renovation of the old buildings which had been dormant for more than 50 years. Completion of the project spanned two years and resulted in a state-of-the-art facility that preserves the historic aspects of the original buildings.
Address: 270 Gay St, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
- General Questions: 252-972-1266
- Book Your Group: 252-972-1167
- $6.00 (Includes all Planetarium and Laser Shows)
- Infants Under 2 are admitted for Free
- Free admission for Rocky Mount residents on Sundays
- Tickets are $11.00 for Adults, $9.00 for Seniors and Students (with ID), and $7.00 for children 12 and under.
- Season Tickets for the Theater are $45.00 for adults, and $35 for Seniors & Students
- Please consult planetarium schedule prior to admission purchase.
- No running.
- Parents/Guardian must accompany children at all times.
- No flash photography in Art Gallery.
- No photography of any art.
- Commercial photography by appointment only (Mondays).
- Do not harass live animals.
- No food or drinks allowed beyond the main lobby.
- Do not climb, stand, or lean on pedestals.
- Use inside voices at all times.
- Do not jump on or off of steps.
- Do not sit, lean or stand on the fountain in the front lobby.
- Play at your own risk.
- Your photo may be taken for City of Rocky Mount promotional purposes.
- Admission stickers must be worn while in the children’s museum.
- Children’s Museum & Science Center admission of $6 per person required for entry.