The Imperial Centre is happy to host many groups at our facility. We work with group leaders to personalize a visit that best fits your group and educational desires. Our group visitors range from pre-k to adult.
Visits to the Imperial Centre can cover the following:
- Planetarium – View shows
- Science (hands on/interactive exhibits and demonstrations)
- Visual Arts (exhibit tours, interactive exhibits, & activities)
- Performing Arts (tour of the theatre and talk with theatre professional)
- Historical Site Tour
Things to consider when booking
- The details (date, number of visitors, time, group leader/contact person)
- Take a look at all the options available so that we can help you personalize your visit
- What is most important to your group?
Book your group visit
Schedule your visit with us today by contacting Adrienne Lynch at 252-972-1167 or emailing the Group Request Form completed to email@example.com.
Fees and Payments
Please note that groups are required to make any due payments at the time of their visit. Early payment arrangements are welcome as they expedite the process on the day of your visit. We will supply a quote with your estimated amount given at booking time. We are happy to alter it for you if your number changes with advance notice. The Imperial Centre accepts cash and card as form of payment. Checks are accepted for group visits when issued by an organization, school, or business. We encourage any chaperones paying separately to arrive 30 minutes early to ensure that everyone can start on time and enjoy their visit.
- Art Center- No Charge
- Theatre Tour- No Charge
- Site Tour- No Charge
- Children’s Museum & Science Center- $6 per person
- Planetarium- included with Children’s Museum & Science Center admission
- Activities and Programs- Range from $2-$5 per participant based on supply cost
Educators & Chaperones
The Imperial Centre recommends the following chaperone to student ratio:
- Pre K-1st 1:5
- 2nd-8th 1:10
In order to help our group leaders meet these ratios we will comp the educators or chaperones as stated above. Admission/participation fees will apply to any additional adult guests.
What to expect the day of
For a smoother visit we have found the following process to be very beneficial to our leaders, parents/chaperones, and students.
- Parents/chaperones should arrive 30 minutes prior to check in and pick up a chaperone card.
- Bus drop off is located in the circle at our main entrance.
- The group leader should check in at the desk prior to students unloading. At this time staff can work with the leader to address any necessary changes based on time or participant numbers.
- Imperial Centre staff will return to the bus with the group leader to greet students as they exit the bus and distribute admission stickers.
- Imperial Centre staff will also have carts ready to transport lunches to the designated lunch spot.
- As students enter the lobby the group leader should work with educators to split students and chaperones into the number of designated groups.
- Orientation will be brief and will provide all with guidelines to a great experience at the Imperial Centre.
- Buses may park in the main parking lot. Please be aware of where you park so that you do not get blocked in.